Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
~ These records can be obtained in person or via the mail ~
Due to the 2010 City Hall Fire, some of our vital records will not be readily accessible. Once requested they may take a few days to obtain.
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Many birth records are available to the public, however, some are not.
- The records that are not public would require a photo ID of a person listed on the record (Mother, Father, Child).
- Most marriage records are available to the public, however, like the birth records some are not.
- To obtain a certified copy of a "non" public record, the person must have a photo ID and be listed on the record.
- All death records are able to be viewed by the public.
** WE ADVISE FUNERAL DIRECTORS TO CALL THE OFFICE PRIOR TO COMING
TO BE SURE THE DEATH HAS BEEN REGISTERED AND IS READY TO BE PICKED UP.**
The fee to obtain a certified copy of any of the above in the City Clerk's Office is $10.00 cash.
To request a record through the mail, send a letter with the person's name and date of birth, death, or marriage and a $10.00 MONEY ORDER.
Also include a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Temporary City Hall
141 Oak Street
Taunton, MA 02780