In order to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the occupants of housing and the general public, the Taunton Board of Health inspects all housing complaints under the Housing Code 105 CMR 410.000 (PDF).
Vendor Rent Inspections / Subsidized Residential Properties
The Board of Health conducts vendor rent inspections for subsidized residential properties.
Any rooming house, hotel, or motel in the City of Taunton must apply for a yearly permit and be inspected by the Board of Health.
- $10 per room
- $25 additional if there is a common kitchen
Rental Rights & Responsibilities
- Massachusetts Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
- Massachusetts Landlord Rights and Responsibilities
The Taunton Board of Health conducts lead paint inspections upon request if a child under the age of six resides at the property.
- Lead Poisoning Prevention and Control Regulation (PDF)
- Lead Paint Fact Sheet for Pregnant Mothers and Children (PDF)
- Lead Paint Fact Sheet for Home Owners (PDF)
- Lead Paint Fact Sheet for Tenants (PDF)
Download a fact sheet on mold (PDF).
For more information on mold go to:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Mold Webpage
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Carbon Monoxide / Radon
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Flyer (PDF)
- More information on Carbon Monoxide in the State of Massachusetts
- Information on Radon from the State of Massachusetts
- Information on Recycling in Taunton
- Information on the Handling and Management of Hazardous Household Products like Those Containing Mercury
Multi-Family Dwellings - Second Hand Smoke
- Information on Second Hand Smoke in Multi-Family Dwellings for Landlords (PDF)
- Information on Second Hand Smoke in Multi-Family Dwellings for Tenants (PDF)
Flooding & Sewage Back-ups
Register a Complaint
To register a complaint, please call 508-821-1400 so that your issue can be addressed in a timely manner.