- Treasurer / Collector
- Payment Information
- Bills are due at various times throughout the year. Most bills the Treasurer/Collector's Office collects are due quarterly and are payable within 30 days or the due date indicated on the bill. Late payments will be assessed interest and late charges in accordance with the Massachusetts General Law.
- Real Estate and Personal Property due dates: August 1, November 1, February 1, May 1
- Payments must be received in the Collector's Office by closing (4pm, 7pm, or noon) on the due date. Postmarks are not accepted as receipt dates. Payments must actually be received in the office to avoid additional charges.
- Checks should be made payable to "City of Taunton."
- Please enclose the remittance portion of the bill to ensure proper credit. If you would like a receipt, enclose a self addressed and stamped envelope with both the payment, the remittance portion and the taxpayer portion.
- If your taxes are escrowed, paid by a bank or mortgage company, please contact them to ensure that they have the correct tax information for your account. Remember, as the property owner you are responsible for the tax obligations.
- Please do not "post-date" personal checks. Checks are deposited daily. It is illegal to submit "post-dated" checks for payment.
- If a tax or utility payment is returned for any reason, your payment is automatically reversed and a fee of $25.00, or 1% of the payment if it is $2,500.00 or over, is assessed. Any applicable interest or fees will be added as well.
- Card and Online payments are accepted at this time. Online payments can be accepted until 10pm on the due date without incurring any additional charges. Credit or Debit Card payments are accepted through the online payment website or in person with a processing fee of 2.95% of the payment amount. The City of Taunton also accepts Cash, Checks or Money Orders as form of payment.
- Bill pay through your banking institution should be mailed to
- City of Taunton
Tax Collector's Office
15 Summer Street
Taunton, MA 02780
- City of Taunton
- Available ways to pay:
- Online at City Hall Systems.
- Mail, with the envelope enclosed.
- In-person at 15 Summer Street, please bring the full bill with you if paying in person.
- Overnight drop-box at 15 Summer Street near the Riverside Entrance.
- Parking tickets are to be paid to the Deputy Tax Collector, Kelley and Ryan Associates, Inc.
- To apply for a real estate or auto excise abatement, please contact the City of Taunton Assessor's Office.