Specific Functions of the Commission:
- Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School
- Taunton Alternative High School
- Taunton High School
- Roman Davis, Senior Executive Director, Old Colony YMCA (3 year appointment)
- Stephanie Hoye, Director of Student Services and Transportation, Taunton Public Schools (3 year appointment)
- Jillian Joyce, Board Member, Old Colony YMCA (2 year appointment)
- Jayson LaPlante, School Resource Officer, Taunton Police Department (3 year appointment)
- Melissa Oliveira, Adult & Teen Challenge New England (2 year appointment)
- Kaitlyn Johanson, Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical High School (1 year appointment)
- Jayden Lopes, Taunton High School (1 year appointment)
- Nathan Machado, Taunton Alternative High School (1 year appointment)
- Dayna Mbugua, Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical High School (2 year appointment)
- Lilee Rodrigues, Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical High School (2 year appointment)
- Mark Santos, Taunton Alternative High School (2 year appointment)
- Laylani Silva, Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical High School (2 year appointment)
- Isaiah Windle, Taunton High School (3 year appointment)
The purpose of the TYC is to serve as a communications link between the youth of Taunton, the community, and the city government of Taunton. The City of Taunton and Municipal Council believe that our youth represent not only our future, but our present.
To achieve the goal of a membership that is reflective of the community and is inclusive of a diverse body of students, members should:
- represent all levels of academic abilities and extracurricular participation
- represent diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- represent a varied range of abilities
- represent a variety of viewpoints
Students who are at least 14 years old in grades 9 through 12 may be considered as candidates. Students who are nominated must submit a short essay (one page or less) conveying why they would like to serve on the Commission.
Student members will be expected to attend monthly meetings regularly and participate in Commission initiatives and activities. Meetings will be held at 6pm on the second Thursday of the month at City Hall.
Nominees should fill out the form below and submit it with an essay. Due to the limited number of Commission seats available (15), not all students whose names are submitted for membership will be appointed to the Commission. There is no cost associated with being a member. Transportation may be available for students as needed.
THS and TAHS students should submit nomination form to Stephanie Hoye at email@example.com
Bristol-Plymouth students should submit nomination form to SRO Jayson Laplante at firstname.lastname@example.org