For Immediate Release: 03/31/2023
Contact: Ligia Madeira, 508-821-1000
O’CONNELL ANNOUNCES ARPA GRANT ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL NONPROFITS
Taunton, MA… Today Mayor Shaunna O’Connell announced the City of Taunton’s application to receive grant funds for local nonprofits through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) has been approved by the Bristol County Commissioners. The application period for eligible Taunton recipients is now open and will remain open until all funds are expended.
“I thank our ARPA Coordinator, Karen Grossi-Pemberton, for her hard work in securing access to ARPA nonprofit grants for another year. It is critical for our City to continue to leverage all resources available to us in an effort to lift up those affected by the negative impacts of the pandemic,” said Mayor O’Connell. “The effects of COVID-19 are still being felt through the City of Taunton’s network of nonprofit organizations, and it remains a priority that we help our nonprofits succeed so that we can continue to support our most vulnerable and underserved residents.”
Eligibility requirements for 2023 ARPA nonprofit grant funds include:
- Nonprofits must have 501 (c) (3) approval from the IRS.
- Nonprofits must provide services to City of Taunton residents.
- Nonprofits must have offered services to residents in January 2019 and must be presently providing those services.
- A nonprofit that has suffered a negative impact may apply for a grant to assist in its recovery, provided the following conditions are met:
- Demonstrates the negative economic impact suffered as a result of the pandemic from March 2020 forward;
- Demonstrates how the funds will be used to offset the negative economic impact and assist in its recovery;
- Demonstrates that the funds address a negative economic impact not already addressed by other federal/state/local financial assistance program received by the nonprofit.
5. Nonprofits may apply for a grant to fund programs benefiting Taunton households disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. A non-exclusive list of programs includes aid to households, food/shelter insecurity programs, employment programs or mental health/substance abuse programs. Such programs must:
- Serve exclusively Taunton residents with these grant funds;
- Reach households in Taunton that have been disproportionately impacted or local, small businesses that have suffered a negative economic impact;
- Demonstrate that the program can be solely funded with the grant or demonstrate that the organization has sufficient additional funding to run the program;
- Demonstrate that grant funding will be spent by December 31, 2023.
Additional information and application can be found on the City of Taunton website at taunton-ma.gov. ###