1. Scarecrows will be displayed in Downtown Taunton from October 10 through November 1. Winners will be announced at the Miles with the Mayor Scream on the Green 5K on Saturday, October 20. To participate an entry form must be submitted to the Park & Recreation Office by October 4.
2. Contest is open to all Taunton Schools and school organizations. Downtown businesses and other organizations are welcome to participate, but will be judged in a separate category.
3. All scarecrows must be ready for pick-up on Tuesday, October 9. Taunton Park and Rec will pick-up and display scarecrows Downtown. Anyone who would like to help display or stage their scarecrow is welcome to make arrangements with Taunton Parks and Recreation.
4. All scarecrows must be designed so that they will stand upright and supplied with materials necessary to display them in an upright manner. Commercially made scarecrows are not allowed. Scarecrows must be built on a 6’ x 3’ frame. Frames are available for purchase from Taunton Park and Rec for $5.
5. Scarecrows must be in good taste and appropriate for viewing by the public and families. No adult, political, or religious themes. No frightening, violent, gruesome or bloody entries will be accepted.
6. Exact display location will be determined by Taunton Parks and Recreation. Business owners who wish to display their entry in front of their location in the Downtown may do so without the assistance of Taunton Parks and Recreation. Pre-registration for businesses for the contest is still required by Oct. 4.
7. Voting will begin October 13 through October 21. Voting is open to anyone. Voting will be done online in a photo album on the City of Taunton Facebook page and in-person during regular hours at City Hall. Voting limited to 1 online vote, and 1 in person vote per person.
8. Scarecrows may be reclaimed by their makers between November 1 and November 5. All scarecrows not reclaimed by November 5th will be removed and discarded.