From the Office of the Mayor
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, effective March 17 until further notice, City Hall, other city offices/departments, and TMLP will remain staffed; however, public access will be limited to appointment only.
Residents are encouraged to make payments online and conduct other business online as permitted. The drop-box outside of City Hall may be used to drop off bill payments and other documents for all city departments. If you require assistance from City Hall or other city offices, please first call for further direction. The number for City Hall is 508.821.1000. Contact information for specific offices may be found on the City of Taunton website at https://www.taunton-ma.gov/.
Directives in place in the city are as follows:
- All schools will remain closed until the end of the academic year. Information regarding remote learning will be forthcoming from Taunton Public Schools. Check TPS website for information on how to obtain breakfast and lunch during the closure. More info here: https://www.tauntonschools.org/
- Per order of the Board of Health, playgrounds with play equipment are closed to the public.
- Suspended in-person requirements for meetings of Council/Boards/Commissions
- Boards/Commissions: Chair will gavel in for the purpose of announcing new dates for postponed meetings if necessary. Members will participate by phone.
- City Council: Mayor, law office, clerk will be present in chamber. Councilors will attend via phone.
- Police and fire departments are fully operational. However, public access is limited.
- Following city events have been cancelled so far: Census Job Fair (March 18&19), Breakfast with the Bunny (April 4), Annual Southeastern Massachusetts Regional Job & Career Fair (April 5), Memorial Parade, and all Senior Center programs until further notice
PLEASE CLICK ON THE "NEWS" TAB FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.