Request a Proclamation or Citation

Making a request

Mayor Hoye's office offers different forms of recognition and congratulations documents. We are happy to fulfill these requests, please see the list and their requirements below. If you have any questions, please call 508-821-1000.


Mayor Hoye is happy to recognize birthdays, anniversaries, retirements and other outstanding achievements by our residents. Below, please find guidelines that reflect the general criteria the Mayor and his staff use when considering citation requests.

Citations are Issued for, but not limited to:

  • Milestone birthdays over 80
  • Anniversaries to couples who are celebrating their 50th or subsequent anniversary
  • Retirements, including military service
  • Outstanding service or deed by a person or organization; subject to review


Used as educational tools, proclamations are issued by the Mayor to build awareness on a range of topics. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are issued at the Mayor's discretion. The Mayor's Office reserves the right to edit all draft language. These documents are strictly ceremonial and not legally binding. The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to deny any request. Proclamations are not automatically reissued each year. Please let us know if your request is for an annual event or has been issued by our office in prior years.

If you would like to request proclamation or a citation, please fill out the form below AT LEAST 10 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE PRINT OR EVENT DEADLINE. Hard copies of this form are also available at the Mayor's Office. You will be notified once the document is ready at City Hall for pickup. If you would like to request the citation or proclamation be presented by the Mayor at an event or City Council meeting, please first complete this form and then contact Mariann Punda or (508) 821-1000 for scheduling. Regular City Council meetings are normally scheduled Tuesday evenings at 7PM.

Please provide the following information: