HELP CRAFT OUR CITY'S COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN!
WHAT IS TAUNTON TOMORROW?
During 2017-18, the City of Taunton will develop a new citywide comprehensive Master Plan to guide positive change, coordinate public investment, foster a healthy environment, and promote a strong local economy.
During the coming months, the city will be asking you - and your family, friends, and neighbors - to help plan for our community’s future. Taunton Tomorrow will create a framework for our city to guide the physical development of Taunton between now and 2040, including housing, economic opportunity, environment and open space, infrastructure, and community services - with particular attention to the downtown, former industrial villages, our neighborhoods and parks, and all other key areas of the city. The effort is being coordinated by the Mayor’s Office and the Office of Economic and Community Development, working in conjunction with a Master Plan Advisory Committee, with input from Taunton residents, city staff, elected officials, and members of the city’s boards and commissions. The City has engaged a consultant team from Stantec of Boston to assist in developing the plan. The plan is expected to be adopted in mid - 2018.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
This web page is the online resource for information about the Taunton Tomorrow planning process. Information, data, maps and documents will be posted on the website for public review. Throughout the planning period there will be many opportunities to get involved and share your input including:
- Sign up at email@example.com to receive information about public workshops, events and online surveys so we can keep you up to date
- Follow the City on Facebook and tag your posts across all social media platforms with #TauntonTomorrow
- Attend public meetings (view the calendar of events for dates and locations)
- Check the web page for links to surveys about Taunton issues
- Email us with your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org. (For questions or concerns about the planning process, please contact email@example.com for a response.)
- Encourage your friends, family, co-workers, and others who care about Taunton’s future to get involved